Patrice Bergeron leaves Game 5 in ambulance
|06.22.13 at 10:31 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron was taken from the United Center in the middle of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday night via ambulance and transported to a local hospital, first reported by WCVB’s Mike Lynch and later confirmed by the Bruins.
Bergeron appeared to take a hit late in the first period during a 4-on-4 situation on the ice but he did return to play a limited amount in the second period. He came out after just two shifts in the second and did not return. He was not on the Bruins bench to begin the third period.
Carl Soderberg took Bergeron’s place on the second line, centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr.
The Bruins confirmed the report but did not announce details of the injury.
Bergeron being taken to an ambulance in United Center
— Mike Lynch (@LynchieWCVB) June 23, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season