Patrice Bergeron leaves Game 5 in ambulance
|06.22.13 at 10:31 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron was taken from the United Center in the middle of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday night via ambulance and transported to a local hospital, first reported by WCVB’s Mike Lynch and later confirmed by the Bruins.
Bergeron appeared to take a hit late in the first period during a 4-on-4 situation on the ice but he did return to play a limited amount in the second period. He came out after just two shifts in the second and did not return. He was not on the Bruins bench to begin the third period.
Carl Soderberg took Bergeron’s place on the second line, centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr.
The Bruins confirmed the report but did not announce details of the injury.
Bergeron being taken to an ambulance in United Center
— Mike Lynch (@LynchieWCVB) June 23, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara