Patrice Bergeron leaves Game 5 in ambulance
|06.22.13 at 10:31 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron was taken from the United Center in the middle of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday night via ambulance and transported to a local hospital, first reported by WCVB’s Mike Lynch and later confirmed by the Bruins.
Bergeron appeared to take a hit late in the first period during a 4-on-4 situation on the ice but he did return to play a limited amount in the second period. He came out after just two shifts in the second and did not return. He was not on the Bruins bench to begin the third period.
Carl Soderberg took Bergeron’s place on the second line, centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr.
The Bruins confirmed the report but did not announce details of the injury.
Bergeron being taken to an ambulance in United Center
— Mike Lynch (@LynchieWCVB) June 23, 2013
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5