Patrice Bergeron leaves Game 5 in ambulance
|06.22.13 at 10:31 pm ET|
CHICAGO — Patrice Bergeron was taken from the United Center in the middle of Game 5 of the Stanley Cup finals Saturday night via ambulance and transported to a local hospital, first reported by WCVB’s Mike Lynch and later confirmed by the Bruins.
Bergeron appeared to take a hit late in the first period during a 4-on-4 situation on the ice but he did return to play a limited amount in the second period. He came out after just two shifts in the second and did not return. He was not on the Bruins bench to begin the third period.
Carl Soderberg took Bergeron’s place on the second line, centering Brad Marchand and Jaromir Jagr.
The Bruins confirmed the report but did not announce details of the injury.
Bergeron being taken to an ambulance in United Center
— Mike Lynch (@LynchieWCVB) June 23, 2013
- Fresh Links: Sneaky Tough Edition
- Friday Morning Skate: Late Night
- Bruins vs Oilers Recap: Second periods will be the death of us. Bruins...
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 2
- Public Skate Second Period: Bruins 3 Oilers 0
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day