Patrice Bergeron returns to Boston on team flight
|06.23.13 at 11:58 am ET|
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced in a press release that forward Patrice Bergeron was released from a Chicago-area hospital after being examined on Saturday night, and that he flew home with the Bruins on the team flight on Sunday morning.
“Patrice was discharged from the hospital Saturday night and will be flying home with the team this morning,” Chiarelli said in the statement.
While Bergeron was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the middle of the Bruins’ 3-1 Game 5 loss to the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, coach Claude Julien did not rule out the possibility that he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5