Patrice Bergeron returns to Boston on team flight
|06.23.13 at 11:58 am ET|
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced in a press release that forward Patrice Bergeron was released from a Chicago-area hospital after being examined on Saturday night, and that he flew home with the Bruins on the team flight on Sunday morning.
“Patrice was discharged from the hospital Saturday night and will be flying home with the team this morning,” Chiarelli said in the statement.
While Bergeron was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the middle of the Bruins’ 3-1 Game 5 loss to the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, coach Claude Julien did not rule out the possibility that he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?