Patrice Bergeron returns to Boston on team flight
|06.23.13 at 11:58 am ET|
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced in a press release that forward Patrice Bergeron was released from a Chicago-area hospital after being examined on Saturday night, and that he flew home with the Bruins on the team flight on Sunday morning.
“Patrice was discharged from the hospital Saturday night and will be flying home with the team this morning,” Chiarelli said in the statement.
While Bergeron was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the middle of the Bruins’ 3-1 Game 5 loss to the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, coach Claude Julien did not rule out the possibility that he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara