Patrice Bergeron returns to Boston on team flight
|06.23.13 at 11:58 am ET|
Boston Bruins GM Peter Chiarelli announced in a press release that forward Patrice Bergeron was released from a Chicago-area hospital after being examined on Saturday night, and that he flew home with the Bruins on the team flight on Sunday morning.
“Patrice was discharged from the hospital Saturday night and will be flying home with the team this morning,” Chiarelli said in the statement.
While Bergeron was taken by ambulance to a hospital in the middle of the Bruins’ 3-1 Game 5 loss to the Blackhawks in the Stanley Cup finals, coach Claude Julien did not rule out the possibility that he might play in Game 6 on Monday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season