Chicago sports anchor walks fake Stanley Cup case around Boston and it’s hilarious
|06.24.13 at 4:13 pm ET|
Because the Blackhawks can win it all Monday night, the Stanley Cup is in town. Whether or not it’s awarded remains to be seen, but a Chicago sports anchor took advantage of the fact with a brilliant prank played on Bostonians.
WGN (Chicago) anchor Pat Tomasulo and his anchor walked around the city in suits and white gloves carrying a case with NHL stickers on it, creating the impression that they were the keepers of the Cup. Though the case was just a normal grey case (the Cup is kept in a black case), Bostonians stopped to take pictures of it as Tomasulo and his anchor dropped it, crashed into poles with it and eventually revealed a Blackhawks jersey inside.
Stick-tap to our friends over at Yahoo! Sports’ Puck Daddy blog for pointing out this great prank. Check out the video below.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara