Jonathan Toews and Patrice Bergeron both expected to play Game 6
|06.24.13 at 11:59 am ET|
Things are looking up for a couple of banged-up Selke winners, as Bruins coach Claude Julien said in French after Monday’s morning skate that Patrice Bergeron “will play” Game 6 after leaving Game 5 with an undisclosed injury, while Jonathan Toews skated Monday for the Blackhawks and told reporters he’ll play as well.
Bergeron was not on the ice for morning skate, but Julien gave the encouraging update following his absence.
“Patrice will dress for warmup tonight,” Julien said. “I’m feeling confident he will play.”
Asked the same question in French, Julien responded (translated), “Patrice will play tonight.”
Both Jay Pandolfo and Jordan Caron took turns on the fourth line in morning skate, with Soderberg centering the second line in Bergeron’s absence. Julien said that if Bergeron is out and Soderberg plays on the second line, he will have decisions to make on the fourth line. As such, both Pandolfo and Caron will both take part in the warmup.
On the Blackhawks’ end of things, Toews took part in morning skate, two days after the Chicago captain missed the third period of Game 5 following a hit from Johnny Boychuk. Marian Hossa, who missed Game 3 but has played the last two games, was not on the ice for morning skate. Hossa’s absence shouldn’t come as a surprise, as he has missed morning skates despite remaining in the Blackhawks’ lineup.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara