Patrice Bergeron played with broken rib, separated shoulder, more
|06.25.13 at 12:12 am ET|
All eyes were on Patrice Bergeron in the last two games of the Stanley Cup finals, as Bergeron left Game 5 in an ambulance and was back in the lineup, seemingly playing through something, in Game 6.
After the Bruins were eliminated, Bergeron saying he’d rather not discuss his injuries, said he figured they’d come out anyway, so he revealed a laundry list of ailments. Bergeron said that he was playing with a broken rib as well as torn cartilage and soft muscle tissue before separating his shoulder in Game 6. That’s a lot.
After the game, Claude Julien called Bergeron’s performance in the Cup finals a “big time courageous effort.”
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time