Bruins draft a guy few have heard of
|06.30.13 at 9:44 pm ET|
The Patriots are known for drafting players who aren’t anywhere near the radar. When they drafted Rutgers safety Duron Harmon in the third round, Harmon’s mother asked her son why the television channels didn’t have clips of him.
The Bruins had one of those moments when they took a fellow named Anton Blidh in the sixth round. Blidh is a Swedish left wing, and upon his selection even the most knowledgeable of draft analysts were at a loss.
Not a Russian sleeper- Swedish one instead. Anton Bligh- sorry folks- I got nothing #snakeeyes
‘ Kirk Luedeke (@kluedeke29) July 1, 2013
It was tough to find much of anything about Blidh online, though he had 17 goals and 10 assists for 27 points in 43 games for Frolunda Jr. last season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5