Bruins trade doesn’t change Nathan Horton’s mind about leaving
|07.04.13 at 4:55 pm ET|
Following the trade of Tyler Seguin to the Stars, the agent for Nathan Horton indicated that the Bruins’ recently freed-up cap space does not change Horton’s mind about his decision to not re-sign with the Bruins.
Horton’s agent, Paul Krepelka, told WEEI.com that the trade of Seguin and Rich Peverley — which leaves the B’s with over $13 million in cap space if they put Marc Savard on long-term injury reserve — “doesn’t change anything,” and that Horton’s choice to leave Boston “was a personal decision based on what he feels is best for his family.”
With Seguin, Horton, Jaromir Jagr and and Peverley gone, Shawn Thornton is the only right wing from last year’s team still on the roster.
Horton met with the Blue Jackets on Wednesday and should draw interest from multiple teams on the free agent market.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5