Bruins trade Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley to Stars
|07.04.13 at 3:02 pm ET|
The Bruins made a huge move Thursday, trading Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button to the Stars in exchange for forwards Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser as well as defense prospect Joe Morrow.
The 27-year-old Eriksson has played the last seven seasons with the Stars, finishing with 12 goals and 17 assists in 48 games with Dallas last season. He has three years remaining on a six-year, $25.5 million contract.
Seguin will be entering the first season of a six-year deal that averages $5.75 million per year. The 21-year-old had 16 goals and 16 assists for the Bruins last season, notching just one goal and seven assists in the playoffs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5