Bruins trade Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley to Stars
|07.04.13 at 3:02 pm ET|
The Bruins made a huge move Thursday, trading Tyler Seguin, Rich Peverley and Ryan Button to the Stars in exchange for forwards Loui Eriksson, Reilly Smith and Matt Fraser as well as defense prospect Joe Morrow.
The 27-year-old Eriksson has played the last seven seasons with the Stars, finishing with 12 goals and 17 assists in 48 games with Dallas last season. He has three years remaining on a six-year, $25.5 million contract.
Seguin will be entering the first season of a six-year deal that averages $5.75 million per year. The 21-year-old had 16 goals and 16 assists for the Bruins last season, notching just one goal and seven assists in the playoffs.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara