Andrew Ference signs four-year deal with Oilers
|07.05.13 at 12:23 pm ET|
Andrew Ference is going home after making Boston a home for years.
The Edmonton native signed a four-year deal with a cap hit of $3.25 million on the first day of free agency, according to TSN. The Bruins had told Ference following the season that they would not be re-signing him due to their abundance of youth on defense and their lack of salary cap space.
The 34-year-old Ference had played for the Bruins since they traded for him in the 2006-07 season. He played a major role in their 2011 Stanley Cup championship and wore an ‘A’ for his final two years with the B’s.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5