Report: Bruins hired guard to keep eye on Tyler Seguin
|07.05.13 at 11:54 am ET|
Much has been made of the Bruins’ concerns with Tyler Seguin‘s after-hours activities in his days with the B’s, and the Boston Herald had a pretty interesting tidbit Friday.
According to veteran beat writer Steve Harris, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel during the postseason, where they had a hired guard to make sure the 21-year-old didn’t leave.
It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.
It is widely believed that Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli spoke to Seguin about his off-ice choices during the first round of the playoffs against the Maple Leafs. Chiarelli publicly criticized Seguin’s professionalism last weekend at the NHL draft before trading the young scorer to the Stars on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara