Report: Bruins hired guard to keep eye on Tyler Seguin
|07.05.13 at 11:54 am ET|
Much has been made of the Bruins’ concerns with Tyler Seguin‘s after-hours activities in his days with the B’s, and the Boston Herald had a pretty interesting tidbit Friday.
According to veteran beat writer Steve Harris, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel during the postseason, where they had a hired guard to make sure the 21-year-old didn’t leave.
It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.
It is widely believed that Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli spoke to Seguin about his off-ice choices during the first round of the playoffs against the Maple Leafs. Chiarelli publicly criticized Seguin’s professionalism last weekend at the NHL draft before trading the young scorer to the Stars on Thursday.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5