Report: Bruins hired guard to keep eye on Tyler Seguin
|07.05.13 at 11:54 am ET|
Much has been made of the Bruins’ concerns with Tyler Seguin‘s after-hours activities in his days with the B’s, and the Boston Herald had a pretty interesting tidbit Friday.
According to veteran beat writer Steve Harris, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel during the postseason, where they had a hired guard to make sure the 21-year-old didn’t leave.
It apparently got so bad that during the playoffs, the Bruins ordered Seguin to live in a hotel, where a guard was hired to make sure he stayed in his room.
It is widely believed that Bruins general manager Peter Chiarelli spoke to Seguin about his off-ice choices during the first round of the playoffs against the Maple Leafs. Chiarelli publicly criticized Seguin’s professionalism last weekend at the NHL draft before trading the young scorer to the Stars on Thursday.
- Public Skate: Bruins vs. Oilers, 9:30PM EST
- Bruins vs. Oilers Preview: Captain Planet Reunion Day
- And another one bites the dust: Loss to Bruins Final Straw for Feaster in...
- Fresh Links: Auld Acquaintance Edition
- Thursday Morning Skate: Edmonton Bound
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!