Bruins sign Jarome Iginla
|07.05.13 at 7:50 pm ET|
The Bruins have signed free agent right wing Jarome Iginla to a one-year, $6 million deal that is heavily incentive-based.
The deal carries a $1.8 million base salary, with $4.2 million in potential bonuses. ESPN reports that $3.7 million is in a games played bonus, with the other $500,000 depending on goal-scoring and team playoff performance.
The 36-year-old spurned the Bruins at the trade deadline when he used his no-trade clause to reject a deal that would have sent him to Boston, asking instead to be traded to the Penguins. Iginla went without a point in four games against the B’s in Boston’s sweep of the Eastern Conference finals.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara