Tyler Seguin’s mother calls out Bruins, media
|07.05.13 at 2:49 pm ET|
Tyler Seguin’s mother lashed out against the Boston media Friday, denying a Boston Herald report that the Bruins made Seguin stay in a hotel with a guard who made sure he didn’t leave during the playoffs.
“That’s not true,” Jackie Seguin told the Toronto Star. “I know that for a fact. The whole team lived in the hotel. That’s crap. Oh, my God. That’s stupid stuff. That’s very unfair to say that. He’s a professional. That makes me very angry.”
Seguin’s mother said that stories about Seguin’s nightlife have been emerging since the end of the season because B’s general manager Peter Chiarelli wanted to trade the popular young player without getting criticized by the fans.
“You know what is happening? Boston is now trying to justify why they’re getting rid of Tyler,” she said. “Obviously, they don’t want a fan backlash against Chiarelli,” she said. “Now they’re making up stories.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5