Shawn Thornton expects Gregory Campbell to be ready for training camp
|08.12.13 at 8:06 pm ET|
MIDDLETON – Shawn Thornton held his fourth annual Putts & Punches for Parkinson’s tournament Monday, gathering teammates and celebrities to raise money in an effort to fight the disease that took his grandmother’s life after a 14-year battle.
Tuukka Rask and Daniel Paille joined Thornton at Ferncroft Country Club, but Thornton had some encouraging news about another Bruins teammate when he shared that Gregory Campbell looked to be his usual self when he visited Thornton two weeks ago.
Campbell famously broke his leg blocking an Evgeni Malkin shot in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, finishing his shift in what would be his last game of the season. Thornton said Monday that his linemate is cast-free, working out and has a good shot to be ready for training camp when it opens next month.
“He’s up walking around, he says he’s been working out and he looks good,” Thornton said. “I’m hoping he’s ready to go for the start of the camp.”
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition