Zdeno Chara joins Marian Hossa for day with Stanley Cup
|08.13.13 at 10:44 am ET|
Though that picture may look weird, it isn’t overly surprising considering how far back Chara and Hossa go. Players are friends with players throughout the league, whether because they played together at some point or otherwise.
The irony is that had Chara been healthy, the B’s would have forced a Game 7, which could have potentially resulted in Hossa crashing Chara’s party this summer. Chara notably detoriated over the course of the Cup finals due to a hip injury, with his pain and resulting ineffectiveness culminating in him not being able to stop Bryan Bickell in front of the net on Chicago’s game-tying goal in the Cup-clinching Game 6.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara