Zdeno Chara joins Marian Hossa for day with Stanley Cup
|08.13.13 at 10:44 am ET|
Zdeno Chara didn’t win the Stanley Cup, but he did take part in neighbor and friend Marian Hossa‘s celebration in Slovakia. Stick-tap to the good folks at Puck Daddy for the following photo:
Though that picture may look weird, it isn’t overly surprising considering how far back Chara and Hossa go. Players are friends with players throughout the league, whether because they played together at some point or otherwise.
The irony is that had Chara been healthy, the B’s would have forced a Game 7, which could have potentially resulted in Hossa crashing Chara’s party this summer. Chara notably detoriated over the course of the Cup finals due to a hip injury, with his pain and resulting ineffectiveness culminating in him not being able to stop Bryan Bickell in front of the net on Chicago’s game-tying goal in the Cup-clinching Game 6.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5