Bruins continue captains practices
|09.03.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — More and more Bruins are arriving for voluntary practices each day at Ristuccia Arena as the open of training camp gets closer. After last week featured groups of skaters in the single digits, Tuesday’s informal session featured a much larger group. The newcomers among NHLers were Torey Krug and Johnny Boychuk.
Joining them were, among others, Carl Soderberg, Shawn Thornton, Tuukka Rask, Daniel Paille, Bobby Robins, David Krejci, Loui Eirksson, Dennis Seidenberg, Niklas Svedberg and David Warsofsky.
The likes of Ryan Spooner, Jared Knight and Malcolm Subban were also in the house, but they were there for the first day of rookie camp, which featured meetings rather than ice time. The youngsters will take the ice Wednesday for the start of on-ice sessions, with the veterans skating beforehand as captains practices continue.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5