NESN to air behind-the-scenes Bruins series that looks pretty interesting
|09.04.13 at 5:14 pm ET|
The Bruins announced Wednesday that they will air an all-access television series called “Behind the B” that will air on NESN, and from the looks of the trailer it sounds a lot cooler than your run of the mill rights holder’s show about one of their teams.
In the past, people throughout the Bruins organization have said they would not want to be on HBO’s behind the scenes “24/7″ series, and having the show air on NESN would suggest that there won’t be much negative stuff shown, but one look at the preview makes you think that the B’s just may have changed their minds.
There’s a clip of Claude Julien dropping an F-bomb between periods, video of Cam Neely asking a player (presumably Rich Peverley) to waive their no-trade clause and Peter Chiarelli interviewing a draft prospect among other things.
The most interesting part was saved for last, as Chiarelli, sitting at a table with other decision-makers, is shown saying, “In my mind, guys, his time is done here in Boston.” He could have been talking about anybody, and hopefully the show will reveal whether the conversation was about Tyler Seguin, Peverley, Andrew Ference, Nathan Horton, Jaromir Jagr or somebody else.
The show will be narrated by Denis Leary. The first episode will air eight times from Sept. 9 to Sept. 28 and will have 13 episodes over the course of the season. It’s too soon to say, but this show has WEEI.com running diary written all over it.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara