Gregory Campbell back on the ice with Bruins
|09.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Gregory Campbell skated with teammates Thursday at Ristuccia Arena, a highly encouraging sign for the team with the start of the regular season a little less than a month away.
Campbell broke his leg blocking an Evgeni Malkin slap shot in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Penguins, famously getting up and finishing his shift despite the break. He underwent surgery on June 10 and spent the offseason recovering.
Campbell did not seem limited on the ice Thursday, skating and shooting without any apparent problems.
The other newcomer to captains practices Thursday was forward Jordan Caron, who figures to compete for a bottom-six job this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Preview: The kids are all right
- Fresh Links: Up the River Edition
- Grand Theft Czechoslovakia. Bruins win 3-2
- Loui Eriksson concussed; Chris Kelly, Shawn Thornton will not travel on...
- Video: Don Cherry talks about the Thornton and Orpik incident
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 1, Penguins 2