Gregory Campbell back on the ice with Bruins
|09.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Gregory Campbell skated with teammates Thursday at Ristuccia Arena, a highly encouraging sign for the team with the start of the regular season a little less than a month away.
Campbell broke his leg blocking an Evgeni Malkin slap shot in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Penguins, famously getting up and finishing his shift despite the break. He underwent surgery on June 10 and spent the offseason recovering.
Campbell did not seem limited on the ice Thursday, skating and shooting without any apparent problems.
The other newcomer to captains practices Thursday was forward Jordan Caron, who figures to compete for a bottom-six job this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time