Gregory Campbell back on the ice with Bruins
|09.05.13 at 2:07 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Bruins center Gregory Campbell skated with teammates Thursday at Ristuccia Arena, a highly encouraging sign for the team with the start of the regular season a little less than a month away.
Campbell broke his leg blocking an Evgeni Malkin slap shot in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals against the Penguins, famously getting up and finishing his shift despite the break. He underwent surgery on June 10 and spent the offseason recovering.
Campbell did not seem limited on the ice Thursday, skating and shooting without any apparent problems.
The other newcomer to captains practices Thursday was forward Jordan Caron, who figures to compete for a bottom-six job this season.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Takeaways from B's Victory over Canadiens
- Deep, Balanced Offense Keys Bruins to Season-High 5-Game Win Streak
- How Important Is Playoff Seeding for the Boston Bruins?
- B's Didn't Accomplish Enough at Deadline
- Will Bruins' Iginla-Krejci-Lucic Line Stay Consistent Down the Stretch?
- Is Inexperience Catching Up with Bruins D?
- Grading Bruins' 1st Game After Olympic Break