Patrice Bergeron skates at captains practice
|09.08.13 at 12:11 pm ET|
According to the team’s Twitter account, Patrice Bergeron skated with teammates Sunday morning at Ristuccia Arena for captains practice, marking the first time he has skated with teammates this offseason as he returns from multiple injuries suffered in the Stanley Cup finals.
Bergeron spent three days in the hospital following the conclusion of Game 6 of the Stanley Cup finals due to a broken rib, torn cartilage, a separated shoulder and a punctured lung. The 2012 Selke winner told the Boston Globe during Team Canada’s orientation camp last month that he expected to be ready for training camp, which begins on Wednesday.
Gregory Campbell, who was lost for the postseason after breaking his leg in Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, began skating with teammates Friday and expects to be ready for the start of the regular season.
Bergeron, 28, signed an eight-year, $52 million contract this offseason.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...