Malcolm Subban to face P.K., Gregory Campbell out in preseason opener
|09.16.13 at 12:35 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — All members of “Group B” with the exception of Gregory Campbell are expected play in Monday’s preseason opener against the Canadiens. Bruins coach Claude Julien said following Monday’s practice that Campbell, who has participated fully in training camp to this point after returning from a broken leg, is “close” to being able to play in games.
As for the goaltending situation, Julien said he plans to split Chad Johnson and Malcolm Subban “50-50.” That means that Subban will play against his brother, P.K. Subban for the first time ever competitively. Subban’s parents will be at the game, but the 19-year-old suppressed his excitement quite a bit when asked about it Monday.
“It will be pretty cool, obviously,” Subban said. “I’m not too worried about it, though. I’m just focused on the game.”
Here is the group of players going to Montreal:
Defensemen: Matt Bartkowski, Tommy Cross, Torey Krug, Adam McQuaid, Kevan Miller, Zach Trotman, Ben Youds
Goaltenders: Chad Johnson, Malcolm Subban
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara