Bruins make second round of cuts
|09.20.13 at 5:43 pm ET|
The Bruins made their second round of cuts Friday, sending Anthony Camara, Chris Casto, Tommy Cross, Alex Fallstrom, Rob Flick, Seth Griffith, Alexander Khokhlachev, Jared Knight and Joe Morrow to Providence.
Of the players demoted, Knight, Khokhlachev and Morrow are the biggest names, but only Knight’s demotion is particularly notable, though not surprising. Knight, who missed the majority of his first AHL season last year with a hamstring injury, was a dark horse candidate to take the vacant third line right wing spot, but Reilly Smith appears to be the leading candidate to win the spot.
The Bruins, who now have 35 players in camp, will play their fourth preseason game Saturday night in Detroit.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara