Patrice Bergeron to make preseason debut on Saturday
|09.20.13 at 3:01 pm ET|
Patrice Bergeron will make his preseason debut Saturday night in Detroit against the Red Wings, Claude Julien said Friday.
Bergeron has participated fully in training camp after suffering a host of injuries in the Stanley Cup finals, including a separated shoulder, torn cartilage, a cracked rib and a punctured lung. He was taken to the hospital following Game 6 and would not have been able to play in a potential Game 7, as he stayed in the hospital for two days.
The 2012 Selke winner’s debut will come two days after Gregory Campbell, who hadn’t played since Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, got into game action for the first time this preseason. It will also mark the first time he has played in a game with new linemate Loui Eriksson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5