Patrice Bergeron to make preseason debut on Saturday
|09.20.13 at 3:01 pm ET|
Bergeron has participated fully in training camp after suffering a host of injuries in the Stanley Cup finals, including a separated shoulder, torn cartilage, a cracked rib and a punctured lung. He was taken to the hospital following Game 6 and would not have been able to play in a potential Game 7, as he stayed in the hospital for two days.
The 2012 Selke winner’s debut will come two days after Gregory Campbell, who hadn’t played since Game 3 of the Eastern Conference finals, got into game action for the first time this preseason. It will also mark the first time he has played in a game with new linemate Loui Eriksson.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara