Chad Johnson, Carl Soderberg lift Bruins over Red Wings
|09.21.13 at 10:00 pm ET|
Chad Johnson bounced back amidst a shaky preseason and Carl Söderberg scored twice as the Bruins beat the Red Wings, 2-0, Saturday night in Detroit.
Johnson, who had allowed three goals on eight shots Monday in Montreal, stopped all 18 shots he saw vs. the Red Wings. This came two days after the Red Wings (with a stronger lineup than the one they iced Saturday) scored eight goals on Malcolm Subban.
Söderberg, meanwhile, was playing on a line with Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith for the first time this preseason. As things currently stand, that is a good bet to be the Bruins’ third line when the season starts next month.
Patrice Bergeron played, marking the the first time he has done so this preseason. Both Bergeron and Gregory Campbell have recovered from their injuries suffered in the postseason.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5