Chad Johnson, Carl Soderberg lift Bruins over Red Wings
|09.21.13 at 10:00 pm ET|
Chad Johnson bounced back amidst a shaky preseason and Carl SÃ¶derberg scored twice as the Bruins beat the Red Wings, 2-0, Saturday night in Detroit.
Johnson, who had allowed three goals on eight shots Monday in Montreal, stopped all 18 shots he saw vs. the Red Wings. This came two days after the Red Wings (with a stronger lineup than the one they iced Saturday) scored eight goals on Malcolm Subban.
SÃ¶derberg, meanwhile, was playing on a line with Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith for the first time this preseason. As things currently stand, that is a good bet to be the Bruins’ third line when the season starts next month.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?