Chad Johnson, Carl Soderberg lift Bruins over Red Wings
|09.21.13 at 10:00 pm ET|
Chad Johnson bounced back amidst a shaky preseason and Carl SÃ¶derberg scored twice as the Bruins beat the Red Wings, 2-0, Saturday night in Detroit.
Johnson, who had allowed three goals on eight shots Monday in Montreal, stopped all 18 shots he saw vs. the Red Wings. This came two days after the Red Wings (with a stronger lineup than the one they iced Saturday) scored eight goals on Malcolm Subban.
SÃ¶derberg, meanwhile, was playing on a line with Chris Kelly and Reilly Smith for the first time this preseason. As things currently stand, that is a good bet to be the Bruins’ third line when the season starts next month.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara