Bruins make four cuts, send Zach Trotman to AHL
|09.22.13 at 6:30 pm ET|
The Bruins made four cuts from camp Sunday, the most notable of which was defenseman Zach Trotman. Other players released from camp were Malcolm Subban, Carter Camper and Justin Florek.
The 23-year-old Trotman had a standout performance in rookie camp and was something of a darkhorse to potentially win a job as an extra defenseman in Boston. With Trotman cut, it’s nearly a certainty that Torey Krug, Matt Bartkowski and Dougie Hamilton will be on the roster when the season begins next month.
Camper was also a darkhorse candidate to make the team, as he appeared to be a viable option as a potential third-line right wing. At this point, it appears that Reilly Smith, who was acquired from the Stars this offseason in the Loui Eriksson deal, should win the job.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara