Bruins waive Nick Johnson; David Krejci, Carl Soderberg ‘day-to-day’
|09.29.13 at 12:01 pm ET|
Both David Krejci and Carl Soderberg were absent from Bruins practice Sunday, with the B’s placing forward Nick Johnson on waivers just prior to the skate. The team made the move with the intention of sending Johnson to Providence, but he must clear waivers first.
Krejci missed Friday’s preseason finale with back spasms.
“Right now I would say they’re just day-to-day,” Claude Julien said after Sunday’s practice. “Maybe as we move further it might be better. To be honest with you, with Krej it might be better.
“With Carl, I’m not sure yet, because the injury was suffered when he hit a rut the other night. It’s still up in the air as far as the seriousness of it. We had first deemed it minor and now it’s questionable.”
Johnson being placed on waivers means that the team’s roster is more or less set. Jordan Caron will be the team’s 13th forward, while the team will keep eight defensemen (with Kevan Miller the eighth).
Assuming all players are healthy, the roster should look like this for opening night based on the players currently on the roster:
Healthy scratches: Jordan Caron, Matt Bartkowski, Kevan Miller
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5