Carl Soderberg ‘highly doubtful’ for Thursday’s season-opener
|10.01.13 at 3:23 pm ET|
Claude Julien told reporters at Tuesday’s practice in Vermont that forward Carl Soderberg is “highly doubtful” to play in Thursday’s season-opener with swelling in his ankle. Soderberg was listed as being on injured reserve when NHL’s opening-day rosters were released Tuesday.
Julien added that David Krejci, who also did not practice Tuesday, will skate Wednesday, making his status for Thursday a lot better than Soderberg’s.
With Soderberg likely out, expect Jordan Caron to play in his place as the third-line left wing.
Soderberg suffered the injury in the preseason finale Friday, when he hit a right in the Bruins’ exhibition against the Jets.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara