Carl Soderberg (ankle) remains out for Bruins
|10.04.13 at 12:53 pm ET|
Carl Soderberg was once again absent as the Bruins practiced Friday in anticipation of the Red Wings. Soderberg has been out since last week with a left ankle injury.
Claude Julien said following the practice that the team isn’t sure when he’ll be back on the ice, but that it will be “soon.”
“It’s a hard injury to come in and say ‘Listen, he’s going to be in on Sunday or Monday,'” Julien said. “It’s really hard to really pinpoint with that type of injury, but he is definitely getting better every day, and I really think he is getting closer. Hopefully if there’s no setbacks, he should be on the ice soon.”
With Soderberg likely out Saturday against Detroit, the Bruins will be able to get another look at the Jordan Caron – Chris Kelly – Reilly Smith line that was so good in Thursday’s season-opener.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara