Carl Soderberg (ankle) remains out for Bruins
|10.04.13 at 12:53 pm ET|
Carl Soderberg was once again absent as the Bruins practiced Friday in anticipation of the Red Wings. Soderberg has been out since last week with a left ankle injury.
Claude Julien said following the practice that the team isn’t sure when he’ll be back on the ice, but that it will be “soon.”
“It’s a hard injury to come in and say ‘Listen, he’s going to be in on Sunday or Monday,’” Julien said. “It’s really hard to really pinpoint with that type of injury, but he is definitely getting better every day, and I really think he is getting closer. Hopefully if there’s no setbacks, he should be on the ice soon.”
With Soderberg likely out Saturday against Detroit, the Bruins will be able to get another look at the Jordan Caron – Chris Kelly – Reilly Smith line that was so good in Thursday’s season-opener.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5