Carl Soderberg still not practicing for Bruins
|10.08.13 at 12:48 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Carl Soderberg skated for the second straight day on Tuesday, but he did not participate in practice as he remains out with an ankle injury.
Soderberg won’t get into a game without practicing first, though there doesn’t appear to be a roster spot for him at the moment anyway with Jordan Caron having claimed the left wing job on the third line for the time being.
Given that, the B’s should be in no rush to bring Soderberg back. The fact that he’s skating is encouraging, and he could be seen walking through the team’s dressing room the last two days without a limp.
“Day to day is the best I can say right now,” Claude Julien said of Soderberg. “He’s skating, and when I say day-to-day, he’s getting closer to practicing with us. Once he practices with us and I get the OK from our medical staff, we’ll move forward. Day-to-day doesn’t necessarily mean tomorrow, but he is progressing extremely well.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- NHL Eastern Conference Playoff Betting
- Ranking Bruins' Top Moments of Regular Season
- Will Bruins Fall to a Presidents' Trophy Hex?
- Can Bruins RWs Build on Recent Turnarounds?
- What's Secret Behind Iginla's New Life?
- Is Meszaros a Cause for Concern for the Bruins?
- Krejci, Milan Finding Playoff Form at Right Time