Carl Soderberg joins morning skate, not ready to play
|10.10.13 at 11:50 am ET|
The Bruins held an optional skate Thursday morning, with Carl Soderberg joining his teammates on the ice for the first time since injuring his left ankle nearly two weeks ago.
Soderberg has been skating on his own since Monday but had not practiced. The morning skate was a good opportunity for the B’s to get him in a practice situation, as morning skates are less physically trying and do not involve contact. Claude Julien said that he Soderberg to practice Friday.
“I think it’s a start,” Julien said. “He’s skated enough the last [few days], so it was good to see him out there and doing at least some line rushes and stuff like that. He’s progressing well, but obviously not ready to play.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season