Loui Eriksson confused over ‘stupid call’ for embellishment
|10.10.13 at 10:25 pm ET|
Loui Eriksson has one more embellishment penalty than he has points through three games, and he isn’t happy about the first figure.
Eriksson was called for a dive in the third period of the Bruins’ 2-0 loss to the Avalanche Thursday night when he was hooked along the boards by P.A. Parenteau with 8:40 left in regulation. Following the game, Eriksson expressed confusion over the penalty.
“I don’t know why he called me on it. He was holding me and I couldn’t do anything,” Eriksson said of his fall. “It was kind of a stupid call by him.”
The call negated a Boston power play, but the B’s got a 4-on-3 36 seconds later when Gabriel Landeskog was sent off for hooking. The Bruins finished 0-for-3 on the man advantage in their first loss of the season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara