Carl Soderberg cleared to play, could return Saturday vs. Lightning
|10.18.13 at 4:46 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters after Friday’s practice that forward Carl Soderberg has been cleared to play after recovering from an ankle injury suffered in the preseason. That opens the possibility that he could play Saturday against the Lightning.
Soderberg skated on the third line in Friday’s practice, taking Jordan Caron‘s place on the third line with Chris Kelly and Brad Marchand. Caron did not practice Friday, with Julien telling reporters that the forward was given a maintenance day.
Following the injury to Soderberg, Caron stepped into the lineup in his place and turned in exceptional work through the first two games, making it seem as though Soderberg wouldn’t have a spot by the time he was ready to play. However, with the lines being somewhat shuffled (Reilly Smith was moved up and Marchand down) and Caron coming back to earth a bit, it would appear the B’s would be able to get Soderberg into a game with Kelly and Marchand as his linemates.
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...
- Five Questions with Matchsticks and Gasoline
- Fresh Links: Calgary AHLert Edition
- Shanahan has spoken: Dion Phaneuf gets two-game suspension for Miller hit