Carl Soderberg cleared to play, could return Saturday vs. Lightning
|10.18.13 at 4:46 pm ET|
Bruins coach Claude Julien told reporters after Friday’s practice that forward Carl Soderberg has been cleared to play after recovering from an ankle injury suffered in the preseason. That opens the possibility that he could play Saturday against the Lightning.
Soderberg skated on the third line in Friday’s practice, taking Jordan Caron‘s place on the third line with Chris Kelly and Brad Marchand. Caron did not practice Friday, with Julien telling reporters that the forward was given a maintenance day.
Following the injury to Soderberg, Caron stepped into the lineup in his place and turned in exceptional work through the first two games, making it seem as though Soderberg wouldn’t have a spot by the time he was ready to play. However, with the lines being somewhat shuffled (Reilly Smith was moved up and Marchand down) and Caron coming back to earth a bit, it would appear the B’s would be able to get Soderberg into a game with Kelly and Marchand as his linemates.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara