Loui Eriksson won’t start skating for at least another week
|10.28.13 at 5:37 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Loui Eriksson wasn’t on the ice Monday and won’t be for the time being, but he was at Ristuccia Arena to see his teammates.
Eriksson, who is dealing with a concussion suffered last Wednesday on an elbow to the head from John Scott, isn’t expected to be back on the ice for at least another week, Claude Julien said. Given the uncertainty that surround concussions, it could be longer.
“The good news is that he did show up this morning,” Julien said, “and that's usually good news when a guy can come in and leave his home and come to the rink.
'We’re taking it day by day with him. I think you're probably not going to see him in the next week. He's not going to skate for the next week, so we're at that stage right now.'
Scott will have his in-person hearing with the NHL Department of Player Safety Tuesday, where his suspension will be decided. Scott has already missed two games and will miss a third Monday.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Fresh Links: Czechmate Edition
- Wednesday Morning Skate: Iggy! Iggy! Iggy!
- Bruins vs. Flames Recap: Huge third period and a 2-1 win on Iginla Night
- Public Skate Third Period: Bruins 0 Flames 1
- Public Skate: Bruins at Flames, 9:30 pm
- Bruins PR memo leaked
- In and Out Burger: Flame-Broiled Bruins: Injury Updates, Who's playing...