Johnny Boychuk’s status unknown after crashing into boards
|10.31.13 at 10:44 pm ET|
Johnny Boychuk suffered an injury crashing into the boards on his third shift of the second period Thursday night against the Ducks. He did not return to the game, as he missed the final 34:39 of regulation and all of overtime. Following the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien offered little update on the defenseman’s status.
“He got hurt when he crashed into the boards,” Julien said. “‘¦ He wasn’t able to come back, and from what my trainers have told me, we’ll know more tomorrow morning. You can’t assess these injuries as far as, ‘It’s a one-week thing, it’s just a one-day, he’ll be better, he’ll be OK tomorrow.’ They always have to let those things settle down a little bit before we get more.”
The Bruins will practice Friday morning, at which point some sort of update could be given.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5