Johnny Boychuk’s status unknown after crashing into boards
|10.31.13 at 10:44 pm ET|
Johnny Boychuk suffered an injury crashing into the boards on his third shift of the second period Thursday night against the Ducks. He did not return to the game, as he missed the final 34:39 of regulation and all of overtime. Following the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien offered little update on the defenseman’s status.
“He got hurt when he crashed into the boards,” Julien said. “‘¦ He wasn’t able to come back, and from what my trainers have told me, we’ll know more tomorrow morning. You can’t assess these injuries as far as, ‘It’s a one-week thing, it’s just a one-day, he’ll be better, he’ll be OK tomorrow.’ They always have to let those things settle down a little bit before we get more.”
The Bruins will practice Friday morning, at which point some sort of update could be given.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara