Johnny Boychuk’s status unknown after crashing into boards
|10.31.13 at 10:44 pm ET|
Johnny Boychuk suffered an injury crashing into the boards on his third shift of the second period Thursday night against the Ducks. He did not return to the game, as he missed the final 34:39 of regulation and all of overtime. Following the game, Bruins coach Claude Julien offered little update on the defenseman’s status.
“He got hurt when he crashed into the boards,” Julien said. “'¦ He wasn’t able to come back, and from what my trainers have told me, we’ll know more tomorrow morning. You can’t assess these injuries as far as, ‘It’s a one-week thing, it’s just a one-day, he’ll be better, he’ll be OK tomorrow.’ They always have to let those things settle down a little bit before we get more.”
The Bruins will practice Friday morning, at which point some sort of update could be given.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?