NHL suspends John Scott seven games for hit on Loui Eriksson
|10.31.13 at 5:45 pm ET|
Sabres forward John Scott has been suspended seven games for his illegal check to the head of Bruins forward Loui Eriksson last Wednesday, the Department of Player Safety announced Thursday.
Scott had already served three games prior to his in-person hearing Thursday, so he will miss the Sabres’ next four games and be eligible to return Nov. 8 against the Ducks. He will forfeit $26,923.05 of salary over the course of his suspension. This is the first time the 6-foot-8 Scott has received supplemental discipline for a hit.
Eriksson suffered a concussion on the hit and has yet to resume skating since the play. The injury was taken into consideration when determining Scott’s punishment.
- Hockey's Culture of Revenge
- Fresh Links: Homecoming Edition
- Monday Morning Skate: Survivor Alberta
- Dougie Hamilton headed back to Boston; Miller OK; could Boychuk be back?
- Bruins vs. Maple Leafs Recap: Bruins win 5-2, Kevan Miller scores first...
- Public Skate: Third Period, Bruins 3 Leafs 1
- Dougie Hamilton done for the night; Warsofsky incoming?