NHL suspends John Scott seven games for hit on Loui Eriksson
|10.31.13 at 5:45 pm ET|
Sabres forward John Scott has been suspended seven games for his illegal check to the head of Bruins forward Loui Eriksson last Wednesday, the Department of Player Safety announced Thursday.
Scott had already served three games prior to his in-person hearing Thursday, so he will miss the Sabres’ next four games and be eligible to return Nov. 8 against the Ducks. He will forfeit $26,923.05 of salary over the course of his suspension. This is the first time the 6-foot-8 Scott has received supplemental discipline for a hit.
Eriksson suffered a concussion on the hit and has yet to resume skating since the play. The injury was taken into consideration when determining Scott’s punishment.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara