Loui Eriksson passes exertion test, can work out
|11.01.13 at 4:02 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — The Bruins delivered some good news on the Loui Eriksson front Friday, as coach Claude Julien said that Eriksson, who has been out with a concussion since last Wednesday, passed the exertion test required to begin working out.
Eriksson has yet to begin skating and isn’t expected to until next week at the earliest, but the fact that he’s progressing is obviously a good sign.
“That’s still a day-to-day process,” Julien said of Eriksson’s progress. “Whether he keeps moving forward or whether we have to hold him back, we’ll only know one day at a time.”
Eriksson suffered his concussion on a headshot from Sabres forward John Scott. The league suspended Scott seven games for the hit.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5