John Scott texted Loui Eriksson to apologize for hit
|11.04.13 at 1:38 pm ET|
Bruins forward Loui Eriksson said Monday that John Scott sent him a text message to apologize for an elbow to the head that left Eriksson concussed and Scott suspended for seven games.
“He texted me and wrote me an apology,” Eriksson said. “That was good by him.”
Eriksson is nearing a return to the lineup after practicing and taking contact Monday. As for what he felt about the hit, Eriksson said it wasn’t pretty, but he was relatively measured in speaking about it.
“I didn’t remember the first two minutes after I got hit,” Eriksson said. “I’ve seen the replay, and it wasn’t the prettiest hit. The league made a decision to suspend him for seven games, and they took a good look at it. It’s a bad hit, and I don’t have more to say about that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara