John Scott texted Loui Eriksson to apologize for hit
|11.04.13 at 1:38 pm ET|
Bruins forward Loui Eriksson said Monday that John Scott sent him a text message to apologize for an elbow to the head that left Eriksson concussed and Scott suspended for seven games.
“He texted me and wrote me an apology,” Eriksson said. “That was good by him.”
Eriksson is nearing a return to the lineup after practicing and taking contact Monday. As for what he felt about the hit, Eriksson said it wasn’t pretty, but he was relatively measured in speaking about it.
“I didn’t remember the first two minutes after I got hit,” Eriksson said. “I’ve seen the replay, and it wasn’t the prettiest hit. The league made a decision to suspend him for seven games, and they took a good look at it. It’s a bad hit, and I don’t have more to say about that.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5