Loui Eriksson takes contact, could return Tuesday vs. Stars
|11.04.13 at 12:49 pm ET|
Both Loui Eriksson and Johnny Boychuk were on the ice for Monday’s practice, with Eriksson participating fully and taking contact for the first time since suffering a concussion last month against the Sabres.
Lucic – Krejci – Iginla
Marchand/Caron – Bergeron – Eriksson
Soderberg – Kelly – Smith
Paille – Campbell – Thornton
After practice, Eriksson said that he hopes to return to the lineup Tuesday against his former team.
“The head is getting better and I’m feeling pretty good right now,” he said. “We’ll see about tomorrow. I still have some testing to do, but I’m feeling much better than when I got hit.”
It was just last Monday that Julien had said that Eriksson was “at least” a week away from skating, but he’s zipped through the stages of protocol and could potentially play Tuesday.
“As long as you’ve passed all the different stages of the protocol, you’re good,” Julien said. “He went through one and felt good, then skated, then skated with us on the Island and he skated again yesterday. He’s had no issues so far. Today he had the opportunity to have a full workout with the team, and he still has to go through some tests before he’s cleared, and we’ll go day by day with his situation.”
As for Boychuk, Julien said the defenseman is still considered day-to-day. Boychuk left Thursday’s game against the Ducks after crashing into the boards in the second period and did not play Saturday against the Islanders.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara