Chad Johnson to start for Bruins Thursday
|11.14.13 at 11:42 am ET|
Chad Johnson was the first goalie off the ice in Thursday’s morning skate, meaning he will be between the pipes when the Bruins face the Blue Jackets Thursday night. It will be Johnson’s first start of the season at TD Garden.
Johnson, who was signed in free agency to replace Anton Khudobin, has played very sparingly this season, starting just two of the Bruins’ first 17 games as Tuukka Rask has played the most of any Bruins goaltender in Boston under Claude Julien through such a stretch.
Johnson gets the start with the Bruins having a pair of back-to-backs, as they will play the Senators Friday in Ottawa and then have games Monday and Tuesday against the Hurricanes and Rangers, respectively.
On the season, Johnson is 1-1 with a 2.53 goals-against average and .900 save percentage.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara