Chris Kelly dealing with minor injury
|11.21.13 at 11:37 pm ET|
After Carl Soderberg took eight faceoffs in the Bruins’ 3-2 shootout loss to the Blues, B’s coach Claude Julien revealed that Soderberg’s faceoff duties are increasing due to a minor injury to Chris Kelly.
“Kells isn’t 100 percent to take faceoffs,” Julein said. “Nothing major, but he’s been ‘ the last couple of games have been a bit of a struggle, so Carl’s gone out there in those kind of situations, but in our own end I kept putting another guy out there for that reason.”
Soderberg is playing wing for the Bruins after being a center throughout his career in Sweden, so having to take draws is nothing new to him.
“He’s very capable of taking face-offs; he’s played center for a long time,” Julien said of Soderberg. “He’s always part of that group that works on face-offs on game day so we’re going to keep him going in that area so that if the first centerman gets kicked out, we know we’ve got another one there.”
Soderberg won six of eight faceoffs Thursday, while Kelly won just three of his 10 draws.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara