Dennis Seidenberg out for a week, Adam McQuaid getting closer, Kevan Miller to make NHL debut vs. Blues
|11.21.13 at 11:53 am ET|
McQuaid hopes to return this weekend or early next week, while Claude Julien estimated that Seidenberg will miss somewhere in the neighborhood of seven days. Seidenberg left Tuesday’s game against the Rangers after his first shift and did not return. McQuaid has missed the Bruins’ last five games.
With Seidenberg out and Miller in, the Bruins used a number of different pairings in morning skate, though these seemed to be consistent:
Chara – Hamilton
Bartkowski – Boychuk
Krug – Miller
“He was a big, strong, solid defenseman,” Julien said of what he saw from Miller in training camp. “Moved the puck fairly well, simple play. Again, probably his strength, his battle along the walls and in front of the net, he’s a big strong individual. So I thought he played a steady game, I thought he got better as camp went on, more confident from playing some games at this level. So he’s got an opportunity tonight to step in and show that he can play against one of the best teams in the league, actually.”
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5