Tuukka Rask in line for third start in four nights
|11.21.13 at 12:34 pm ET|
After playing both games of a back-to-back Monday and Tuesday against the Hurricanes and Rangers, Tuukka Rask appears to be on tap to be between the pipes again for the Bruins on Thursday against the Blues.
Rask was the first goaltender off the ice in the team’s morning skate and should have his work cut out for him Thursday evening. The Blues are fifth in the NHL with 70 goals, led by left winger Alexander Steen, whose 17 goals are tied with Alexander Ovechkin for tops in the NHL. St. Louis stands fourth in the Western Conference, though its 31 points (14-3-3) are two more than the Eastern Conference-leading Bruins (14-6-1).
Rask is coming off a dominant outing Tuesday in New York in which he made 43 saves in a 2-1 victory over the Rangers. He has played all but three of the Bruins’ 21 contests this season.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5