Adam McQuaid questionable for Saturday’s game
|11.22.13 at 12:27 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Adam McQuaid took part in Friday’s practice with the Bruins, marking the fifth straight day he has skated and second straight day he’s taken the ice with teammates.
“I’m getting there,” McQuaid said after the practice. “Again, today was better than yesterday and got into some game-like situations, some down-low play. I’m happy with each day’s progressing and we’ll see what tomorrow brings.”
McQuaid has missed the last six games with a lower-body injury and his status for Saturday is unknown. He did note that he expects to still be playing through some pain when he eventually does return.
“It’s probably something I’m going to have to play through a little bit,” he said, “but you want to make sure it’s something you’re not going to re-injure yourself when you’re doing what you need to do when you’re on the ice.”
Given that Kevan Miller held his own Thursday, the B’s can likely afford to give McQuaid another game of rest rather than rushing him back.
“No doubt, absolutely,” Claude Julien said. “We’ll see how Adam is tomorrow morning, and we’ll make a decision then. If he’s not quite ready to go, we know what we’ve got. I have no issues with putting [Miller] in the lineup tomorrow as well.”
Dennis Seidenberg, who is out for about a week with a lower-body injury, did not practice.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara