Chris Kelly: ‘I should be fine’
|11.22.13 at 6:37 pm ET|
WILMINGTON — Chris Kelly said that the injury with which he is dealing shouldn’t limit him any further. Claude Julien had said the injury was preventing him from taking all of his faceoffs, which is why Carl Soderberg took eight draws Thursday.
Soderberg won six of his eight faceoffs, while Kelly only won three of 10.
“I should be fine,” Kelly said Friday. “Maybe I’ll get Carl to take some more. He did well last night in the circle. That’s a luxury to have, is guys on one line that can take draws. We’ll see how it goes.”
Soderberg is a former center who has made the move to wing in the NHL, so he’s experienced enough to take faceoffs. In the past, both Rich Peverley and Kelly took faceoffs for the Bruins’ third line.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5