Johnny Boychuk has lower back injury, extent still unknown
|12.06.13 at 3:08 pm ET|
Johnny Boychuk has a lower back injury, but the extent of the injury is still unknown, Claude Julien told reporters Friday. Julien said Boychuk will undergo an MRI on Friday, and that the team should know more after that.
Boychuk suffered the injury in the first period of last night’s 2-1 loss to Montreal when Max Pacioretty checked him into the boards. He was carried off the ice on a stretcher and taken to a local hospital, but he was able to move all his extremities and was cleared to travel back to Boston with the team.
Pacioretty said after the game that he felt terrible about the injury.
“Honestly, I couldn’t even walk you through the hit,” Pacioretty said. “It’s, you know, I felt terrible. I didn’t even really know what happened. I was just kind of battling for the puck. I felt terrible after it happened.”
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5