Dion Phaneuf to have hearing for hit on Kevan Miller
|12.08.13 at 11:54 pm ET|
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf will have a disciplinary hearing with the league for his hit on Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller late in Sunday’s game.
Miller was shoved from behind into the corner by Phaneuf in the final minutes of the Bruins’ win, though there was no penalty called at the time. Miller left the game, but Bruins coach Claude Julien said that his injury was “very minor” and that the team expects him to play Tuesday against the Flames.
TOR’s Dion Phaneuf will have disciplinary hearing with NHL for his hit from behind on BOS’s Kevan Miller.
— Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) December 9, 2013
Miller had scored his first career goal earlier on in the game and played a career-high 22:12 in the win, due in large part to the fact that the team lost Dougie Hamilton (lower body) in the first period. Hamilton is out for at least a week.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5