Dion Phaneuf to have hearing for hit on Kevan Miller
|12.08.13 at 11:54 pm ET|
According to TSN’s Bob McKenzie, Maple Leafs defenseman Dion Phaneuf will have a disciplinary hearing with the league for his hit on Bruins defenseman Kevan Miller late in Sunday’s game.
Miller was shoved from behind into the corner by Phaneuf in the final minutes of the Bruins’ win, though there was no penalty called at the time. Miller left the game, but Bruins coach Claude Julien said that his injury was “very minor” and that the team expects him to play Tuesday against the Flames.
TOR’s Dion Phaneuf will have disciplinary hearing with NHL for his hit from behind on BOS’s Kevan Miller.
‘ Bob McKenzie (@TSNBobMcKenzie) December 9, 2013
Miller had scored his first career goal earlier on in the game and played a career-high 22:12 in the win, due in large part to the fact that the team lost Dougie Hamilton (lower body) in the first period. Hamilton is out for at least a week.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara