Dougie Hamilton out at least a week, Kevan Miller expected to play Tuesday
|12.08.13 at 11:46 pm ET|
Bruins defenseman Dougie Hamilton is out for at least a week, Claude Julien told reporters after Sunday’s game.
Hamilton left the Bruins’ 5-2 win over the Maple Leafs in the first period following a hit along the boards. The injury is lower-body and Hamilton will fly to Boston Monday to be be evaluated.
Kevan Miller, who also left the game after being hit from behind by Toronto defenseman Dion Phaneuf, is likely to play Tuesday against the Flames. Julien said that the status of Johnny Boychuk will determine whether the B’s call up a defenseman for Tuesday, with the team “more optimistic than pessimistic” that Boychuk will be available.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara