Chris Kelly out 4-6 weeks with broken right fibula
|12.08.13 at 11:33 am ET|
Chris Kelly will miss four to six weeks with a broken right fibula suffered in Saturday’s game against the Penguins, the Bruins announced Sunday. Kelly was injured on a slash from Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis in the second period and has been placed on long-term injured reserve.
The Bruins also announced that they’ve placed Adam McQuaid (lower-body) on injured reserve and have called up forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser from Providence on an emergency basis.
The Bruins are now without Kelly, Loui Eriksson (concussion) and Shawn Thornton (awaiting suspension) and are missing both Johnny Boychuk (back) and McQuaid on defense.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Should the Boston Bruins Let Tuukka Rask Start Olympic Break a Day Early?
- How Should Bruins Fill Chara's Void Before Olympic Break?
- Why Krejci Will Be Top Bruin to Watch at Sochi
- How Bruins Should Shuffle Lines After Chris Kelly's Return
- Kevan Miller Justifying Promotion, Extension with Bruins
- What the Boston Bruins Must Do to Avoid Season Sweep vs. New York...
- How Bruins' Unique Strengths Have Led to Krug's Breakout Season