Chris Kelly out 4-6 weeks with broken right fibula
|12.08.13 at 11:33 am ET|
Chris Kelly will miss four to six weeks with a broken right fibula suffered in Saturday’s game against the Penguins, the Bruins announced Sunday. Kelly was injured on a slash from Penguins forward Pascal Dupuis in the second period and has been placed on long-term injured reserve.
The Bruins also announced that they’ve placed Adam McQuaid (lower-body) on injured reserve and have called up forwards Ryan Spooner and Matt Fraser from Providence on an emergency basis.
The Bruins are now without Kelly, Loui Eriksson (concussion) and Shawn Thornton (awaiting suspension) and are missing both Johnny Boychuk (back) and McQuaid on defense.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5