Bruins battling flu, team still expects Johnny Boychuk back for Tuesday
|12.09.13 at 6:09 pm ET|
Four players were missing from Monday’s practice in Calgary due to the flu, according to the team. Zdeno Chara, Kevan Miller, Chad Johnson and Gregory Campbell were all absent.
Campbell played Sunday’s game with the flu, while Miller left the game in the final minutes after a hit from behind from Dion Phaneuf.
Johnny Boychuk did take part in the skate but said he “didn’t feel awesome,” according to the Boston Globe. Boychuk has been out with a sprained back since last Thursday, but Claude Julien is still optimistic he’ll be in Tuesday’s lineup.
As of Monday afternoon, the Bruins had not made any more callups. If they have to recall a defenseman from Providence, Zach Trotman would be a logical option.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Do the Bruins Need to Make Major Change on Defense Before 2014-15?
- Should the Bruins Re-Sign Shawn Thornton?
- Bruins Prospects Look to Preserve Their AHL Playoff Run
- Complete Guide to Bruins' 2014 Offseason
- Final Report Card for Bruins' 2013-14 Season
- Game 6 Keys for Bruins, Canadiens
- Takeaways from Canadiens vs. Bruins Game 5