Bruins recall Nick Johnson on emergency basis
|12.10.13 at 2:00 pm ET|
The Bruins announced a pair of roster moves Tuesday, placing Loui Eriksson on injured reserve and recalling forward Nick Johnson from Providence on an emergency basis.
Eriksson suffered a concussion in Saturday’s win over the Penguins. Placing a player on injured reserve means they can’t play for the seven days following the injury, meaning Eriksson won’t be eligible to return to the Bruins’ lineup until next Tuesday against the Flames at the earliest.
Johnson’s call-up comes with a number of Bruins battling the flu. Johnson, 27, has 11 goals and nine assists for 20 points this season with a plus-seven rating.
For more on the Bruins, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara