Bruins injuries: Daniel Paille has concussion symptoms, Loui Eriksson not progressing well, Jarome Iginla being evaluated
|12.16.13 at 12:53 pm ET|
The Bruins coach said that Paille told the team prior to last Tuesday’s game against the Flames that he wasn’t feeling well, at which point he was sent back to Boston to be evaluated. Paille remains off the ice, as he did not practice Monday.
The news isn’t good for Loui Eriksson, who is also out with a concussion. Julien said that Eriksson has not been progressing well since suffering a concussion on a hit from Penguins defenseman Brooks Orpik on Dec. 7.
“He hasn’t even come to the rink,” Julien said. “I guess that’s probably the only thing I can give you right now, which is not a good sign.”
Jarome Iginla, who did not practice Monday, is getting evaluated after suffering a hand injury in a fight against Ryan Kesler Saturday. Iginla had finished the game Saturday, but the team recalled forward Craig Cunningham from Providence Monday with Iginla’s status uncertain.
For more Bruins coverage, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara