Jarome Iginla to play vs. Flames
|12.17.13 at 11:45 am ET|
Jarome Iginla will play Tuesday against the Flames after dislocating his finger in a fight with Canucks forward Ryan Kesler Saturday night.
Iginla’s finger was bent well out of place in the fight, causing him to miss the rest of the first period Saturday, but trainers popped it back into place and he returned to the game. Iginla missed Monday’s skate while being examined before being given the go-ahead for Tuesday’s game against his former club.
“You just want to play in every game,” Iginla said. “I think if you went around the room, everybody, when it’s game day, you want to be a part of it. It sucks being out of the lineup.”
Iginla playing shouldn’t come as a massive surprise, as he has not missed a game due to injury since 2007.
With four fights this season, Iginla has dropped the gloves more through 33 games as a Bruin than he did in each of the last three seasons. A big part of that is that linemate Milan Lucic didn’t get into his first fight of the season until Nov. 30.
“I think part of it is that Looch is such a tough competitor,” Iginla said. “I don’t think he has many willing combatants and guys that can play like he does or are as tough as he is. I think he’s more than willing all the time, but I don’t think everybody else is more than willing. Otherwise, you just play.
“I’ve never necessarily looked for them or looked to avoid them. Sometimes they come in bunches and sometimes you go big stretches without them.”
For more Bruins news, visit weei.com/bruins.
Latest from Bleacher Report
- Brad Marchand's Hot Streak a Big Reason for the Boston Bruins' Recent...
- Prospect Depth Allows BOS to Not Rush Pastrnak
- Seth Griffith Fitting in on the First Line with the Boston Bruins
- Bruins' Depleted Defense Returns to Reality in Loss to Wild
- Bruins' Patrice Bergeron Records 500th Career Point
- Bruins Players Dress Up as 'Frozen' Characters
- Looking at Bruins Defensive Pairings Without Chara